Thursday, July 30, 2009

Chasing the rains




Past Sunday we roomies again decided to visit Lavasa. This time Mayur had done the recce for Lavasa route and found out that to enter on a bike Helmet and License are mandatory. To reach Lavasa, you need to leave the road towards Tamhini after Pirangut and take a left turn. Once on that route, the drive gets better and better as you reach the modern day India's largest hill city. I had earlier thought not to write about this trip and only post photos but it has been such an eventful trip that I am compelled to convey them in my lousy words.
You need to cross a hill to reach Lavasa, as you climb up the road gets foggier, there are few small waterfalls along the road and whole drive is a superb experience. There is lot of construction going on currently in the city and not much to enjoy on a rainy day. Our plan wasn't limited to reach Lavasa and come back but follow the Mutha river on its path towards Panshet through Warasgaon. On this route we met with only couple of other wanderer groups. I feel if you go to really crowded place as in Sinhagad, the whole time you keep on honking and finding a place to park a vehicle the whole essence of monsoon biking is lost in it.
Somewhere in middle of Lavasa and Panshet, we saw a waterfall and went to check it out. I was the first one to reach the waterfall. After being drenched completely in rains, I was shivering in water. I removed my wallet and kept it inside pocket of my jacket which does not have a zipper. I posed for couple of photos and immediately realized that I have lost my wallet; sometime between the two clicks, my wallet had fallen from pocket and got flown in water. Now, I am screwed for next few weeks having lost my two wheeler and four wheeler licenses, thousand bucks and who knows what other till the time I find out. Apart from this, Mayur's bike fall off while it was parked, leaving him with a dent on petrol tank and broken right side rear view mirror. After Panshet, Mayur's bike got punctured, fortunately we did not have much trouble get it fixed. If all that was not enough, once our road was blocked by couple of cows, somehow we managed to get past them as well. I hope next time around there won't be any un-fateful events and just to make it certain, my list of precautions have just increased. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos - where is this waterfall?
    Lavasa has an official blog now , check it out http://blog.lavasa.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Huesera
    thanks for the link...before entereing lavasa, there is a route that goes to panshet dam and a place called warasgaon, waterfall lies there.
    if you are a little more adventures and would like to take a lsightly risky bike ride try the route i mentioned in my other blog "Pune to Lonavala"

    ReplyDelete